How to choose the right size
Sizes indicate both age/height
The size is chosen based on the child's height. Age is indicative as children grow differently.
To get the perfect fit we also recommend measuring chest and hip – also see the guide below on how to take the measurements.
At MarMar Copenhagen clothes come in either single sizes or double sizes.
Single sizes. There is a 6 cm length difference from size to size.
Our sizes fit the height +/- half a size.E.g., size 5Y/110 cm fits children with a height of 107 cm – 113 cm.
Double size is used for products with a more spacious and flexibility fit, that easily adapts to the size of the child, e.g., for our outerwear, knitwear and underwear.
The child´s growth has been considered in the design.
Double size e.g., 4/5Y fits children wearing both size 104 cm and size 110 cm. The measurement of the garment is closest to the largest size.
Measure should be taken directly on the child’s body.
- Height is measured from the top of the head to the floor.
- Chest width is measured around the chest with 1 finger under the measuring tape.
- Waist width is measured around the waist with 1 finger under the measuring tape.
- Hip width is measured at the widest point around the buttocks with 1 finger under the measuring tape.
- Arm length is measured from top shoulder to wrist with a slightly bent arm.
- Inner leg length is measured from the crotch down to the floor.
- Head size is measured as the distance around the top of the head above the ears.