Modal is the name of MarMar Copenhagen’s basics, in soft rib for both babies and kids. Since 2008 Modal has been the foundation of every single collection, with a range of classic colours always available in our NOOS program and with new colours every season. OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100® certified of course.
Our Modal products are made of a blend of Cotton and TENCEL™ Modal, some also contain elastane.
What’s special about our Modal range:
- TENCEL™ Modal is the highest quality viscose fibers, made from certified wood pulp
- TENCEL™ Modal fibers are longer than regular viscose fibers, which makes the fibers stronger
- TENCEL™ Modal retain long-lasting colour
- TENCEL™ Modal mixed with cotton makes softer fabrics
- TENCEL™ Modal mixed with cotton wrinkles less
- TENCEL™ Modal mixed with cotton is more flexible
- TENCEL™ Modal makes cotton less heavy and compact
- TENCEL™ Modal mixed with cotton stays the same, even after many, many washings
- TENCEL™ Modal mixed with cotton is long lasting and durable
TENCEL™ Modal is a trademark of the Austrian company Lenzing AG. TENCEL™ Modal fibers are mainly manufactured from beech wood which is sourced from sustainable forests in Austria and neighboring countries in a closed looped system. Beech wood forests are a natural and renewable source of raw material. These forests are either FSC®(C041246) or PEFC™ certified. TENCEL™ Modal fibers have also earned the recognition of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) BioPreferred® designation.
Perhaps you’re wondering where the cotton comes from? It’s grown and spun where we produce all our Modal styles; beautiful Turkey.
We are so fond of our Modal blend that we use it in these product ranges: besides our classic ribbed Modal also: Modal Smooth Rib, Modal Fine Rib, Modal Pointelle, Modal Waffle, Modal Smooth Print and Modal Smooth Solid, our Newborn range. All of them using the trademark TENCEL™ Modal.
All our Modal products carry the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® label, assuring you that every component right down to every thread, button and or other accessory trimmings, has been tested for harmful substances ensuring that the article is harmless in human ecological terms. In the test of the products, numerous regulated and non-regulated substances are taken into account. In many cases, the limit values for the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® go beyond national and international requirements. The criteria are updated yearly, keeping up with new scientific knowledge or statutory requirements.