How to choose the right size
Sizes indicate both age/height
The size is chosen based on the child's height. Age is indicative as children grow differently.
To get the perfect fit we also recommend measuring chest and hip – also see the guide below on how to take the measurements.
At MarMar Copenhagen clothes come in either single sizes or double sizes.
Single sizes. There is a 6 cm length difference from size to size.
Our sizes fit the height +/- half a size.E.g., size 5Y/110 cm fits children with a height of 107 cm – 113 cm.
Double size is used for products with a more spacious and flexibility fit, that easily adapts to the size of the child, e.g., for our outerwear, knitwear and underwear.
The child´s growth has been considered in the design.
Double size e.g., 4/5Y fits children wearing both size 104 cm and size 110 cm. The measurement of the garment is closest to the largest size.
- Height is measured from the top of the head to the floor.
- Chest width is measured around the chest with 1 finger under the measuring tape.
- Waist width is measured around the waist with 1 finger under the measuring tape.
- Hip width is measured at the widest point around the buttocks with 1 finger under the measuring tape.
- Arm length is measured from top shoulder to wrist with a slightly bent arm.
- Inner leg length is measured from the crotch down to the floor.
- Head size is measured as the distance around the top of the head above the ears.